Greater Phoenix is about the size of Delaware and comprises more than 20 cities and towns, including Scottsdale, Tempe, Mesa and Glendale.
- Phoenix is the United States’ fifth-largest city with a population of over 1.6 million.
- According to data compiled by the National Climatic Data Center, Phoenix basks in sunshine more often than any other major metropolitan area in the U.S. The sun shines on Phoenix during 85 percent of its daylight hours.
- Greater Phoenix is home to nearly 200 golf courses.
- Phoenix is one of the few U.S. cities with franchises in all four major professional sports leagues: Phoenix Suns (NBA), Arizona Diamondbacks (MLB), Arizona Cardinals (NFL) and Arizona Coyotes (NHL).
- Arizona is home to 22 American Indian tribes.
Find out more about what to see and do while in Phoenix, including the Top 10 Attractions!